cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Exporting to different file formats

jason.emmette
1-Newbie

Exporting to different file formats

Good Morning Gurus.

I have a customer that is requesting an assembly file from us. But my boss does not want to send anydetailed information other than the outer shell. What is the best, easiest, or simplist way to create an outer shell of the assembly? This shell cannot contain any interior component surfaces, passages, etc. Now here is the catch. The customer wants this file to be a solid model. I have tried everything I know to try, and I am lost now. Can anybody out there help?

I am using WF2.

Thanks in advance for your help.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Create a simplified rep (ex. simple) and exclude the features that you
don't want to be in the model. Then export the "simple" rep as a step or
iges file.

Hope this helps,
Arnold Collett

Or even better, create solid shrinkwrap model (File > Save a Copy > Shrinkwrap).

I agree with Arnold.

Also ask the Customer what software they use then go to
Top Tags