cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Primary Content search in Windchill

ptc-5378829
1-Newbie

Primary Content search in Windchill

Hi,

I want to search in Windchill for Primary Content attributes of documents but without succes. Is there a filter or configuration option/possibility to achieve this need?

Specially for managing documents in Windchill this is necessary to prevent entering double attribute information when uploading a new document. Now we have to copy e.g. the original pdf filename into another attribute field to find a suppliers document.

Has someone a solution?

Regards,

Bas

8 REPLIES 8

I'm not following...

You have doubts with Advanced Search?

If so, you should add a new Custom Criteria to make a query to search a particular attribute.

Thanx!

For example:

I upload a vendor document catalog pdf in Windchill with original vendor document filename x and a logical name for us to identify this document within our organisation.

Then in Windchill I want to search only name for this (Primary Content filename) x.pdf to find out if this catalog is already uploaded in Windchill.

That's not possible in my opinion.

Regards,

Bas

I understood now.

A custom search for a CAD Document is possible to search by File Name.

A custom search for a Document is not possible to search by File Name.

A workaaround may be create a new attribute, and with a OIR, fill this attribute with File Name value.
Now you will be able to make a search by the file name wich is descrived by this new Attribute.

I recomend that you contact PTC.
They may provide a better solution.

I would fully support this as a new Product Idea in Windchill. I am trying to do some homework on it now to determine if there is any possibility to support File Name for wt.documents. It seems odd that PTC would support it for epm.documents, but not for wt.documents.

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:sm)

Update from PTC, we have identified this issue and plan to address it in Windchill 10.2 M030. No need to create a new Product Idea for this one.

ryankelley
1-Newbie
(To:sm)

Thanks for the update Scott, I'm sure many of our members appreciate you sharing the news here.

The same problem with Secondary content search; e.g. pdf attachments of ECAD documents. These files can only be found by a separate Full Index Search server of Windchill...

Very disappointing to make this conclusion. Or is there someone with a solution for these problems?

Thnx in advance!

If you are looking to search on contents of the attachments, then you'll have to use Index Search module of Windchill.

Top Tags