cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Export quantity of dimensions, symbols, etc.

DonSenchuk
7-Bedrock

Export quantity of dimensions, symbols, etc.

I have a request to see if there is a way to find and export the number of dimensions on a drawing. These should be shown and created dimensions. Then to do the same thing with symbols.

Now, using the find tool was the first thing that came to mind, of course.

I put in the following:

Look for: Dimension

Look by: Dimension

Include submodels

Name is equal to *

This does return all dimensions but shows them several times; ad106 is listed 10 times for example.

Symbols equal to chosen name do not repeat each one multiple times, so that works as I hoped.

First, is there any way to filter these results to only show each dimension a single time?

Second, is there a way to export this list to a file? CSV perferred but not absolutely essential.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:DonSenchuk)

Short answer is no.

The long answer is yes with one of the APIs.

Alternatively, you could look into one of the 3rd party inspection report software packages that should give you that info:

InspectionXpert for Pro/Engineer & Creo 1/2 Release Notes > InspectionXpert - AS9102 and PPAP Software > News

SIGMAXIM-Inspect

Inspection Report Automation | Create Inspection Report Spreadsheets Based on PTC Creo Drawings

Top Tags