cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

What Happened to my Negative sign

ppal
17-Peridot

What Happened to my Negative sign

Pic.pngI have an output issue with mathcad Prime. I am missing a negative sign. I have attached PDF and actual Prime and mathcad files.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ppal
17-Peridot
(To:Werner_E)

Yes. It is a bug. Worksheet sent to Mathcad Developer by our maintenance service  provider for resolution.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:ppal)

You have a point at least. This is what Mathcad 11 shows:

And this is Prime 3.1.

In both cases, the second element of the result array has a negative imaginary part. But if you change the formatting of the result to 'decimal', it changes to:

And the imaginary part of the second element is suddenly positive. Of course this does not happen in Mathcad, this only occurs in Prime...

It's a BUG!

Work-around: don't format your results to decimal.

Luc

ppal
17-Peridot
(To:LucMeekes)

From RD’s feedback, Mathcad Prime 4.0 had resolved the issue. And Prime 4.0 will release in the end this month.(Feb. 2017)

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

Hi ,

You could proceed  first defining the formulas and then providing the numerical values. See the following image:

missing minus sign.jpg

ppal
17-Peridot
(To:-MFra-)

Why?

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Seems that you found a bug in Prime!

It does not affect calculations but only(?) the display of results.

Whenever the real part is so small that it would be displayed as zero with the given precision, its not displayed at all (which is kind of OK) but the sign of the imaginary part is lost.

ppal
17-Peridot
(To:Werner_E)

Yes. It is a bug. Worksheet sent to Mathcad Developer by our maintenance service  provider for resolution.

ppal
17-Peridot

From RD’s feedback, Mathcad Prime 4.0 had resolved the issue. And Prime 4.0 will release in the end this month.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Thanks for the information.

Top Tags