cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

{0:@D} added to annotation

LM_10646089
2-Guest

{0:@D} added to annotation

When dimensioning a threaded hole Creo is adding {0:@D} to the front of the dimension. I have tried to delete this several times without results, creating a new dimension for the same hole does not help the problem

Does anyone know why this is appearing and how to stop it from automatically adding

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You will have to change the @D to an @O (the letter O, as in Override) to suppress the display of the dimension value.

pausob_0-1714421515473.png

-->

pausob_1-1714421548275.png

Note that only works for annotation dimension.  Driving dimensions cannot be "overriden".

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:LM_10646089)

"{0:***}" typically signifies that the enclosed text has a different format that the default for the note.

What version of Creo are you using?  Can you add a screen shot of the dimension and dimension text?

There is always more to learn in Creo.

Creo 10.0

LM_10646089_0-1714414942554.png

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

If you add a space between the right bracket } and the 4X, I think the .201 will go away.

Worth a try but no luck with the addition of spaces.

You will have to change the @D to an @O (the letter O, as in Override) to suppress the display of the dimension value.

pausob_0-1714421515473.png

-->

pausob_1-1714421548275.png

Note that only works for annotation dimension.  Driving dimensions cannot be "overriden".

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:pausob)

I think the space I mentioned is when you are first typing it before Creo adds the brackets.

Good catch on the @O instead of the @D.

@pausob  Thanks for that suggestion it seems to have worked. Different topic but where are the settings for Dark Creo?

kdirth
20-Turquoise

File > Options > System Appearance > Theme: Midnight

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

The note should look like the other one with the 16X.

Move the 4X to the beginning of the line.

The .201 diameter is the tap drill for a 1/4-20 tapped hole.

The {0:xxx} is telling Creo that it has a different format than the rest of the note.

kdirth
20-Turquoise

After trying a few things in Creo 7, I think the issue is no space after the dimension.

The @D refers to the dimension.  When you don't leave a space you are trying to append a character to the end of the @D.  To maintain the dimension, Creo is adding the brackets to separate the @D from the added text.

If you copy all of the added text, deleted it and select off the dimension, you can go back in, add a space and paste the text back.  If you don't want a space, you are stuck with the formatting brackets.

Hi @LM_10646089,

I wanted to follow up with you on your post to see if your question has been answered. 
If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. 
Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so that we can continue to help you. 

Thanks,
Anurag

Top Tags