cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

1 conductor shielded cable and custom decoration

jgottfredson
1-Newbie

1 conductor shielded cable and custom decoration

Hi hopefully someone can help. The small cable decorations that come with Creo do not meet our standards. I realize that in Creo schematics I have the ability to create custom decorations and have done so to meet our standards. They work fine on all multiconductor shielded cables. The problem is with a single conductor shielded cable, it keeps throwing an error stating that the area needs to be >0, +0.000 and will not route. If I place the custom decoration without the shield port on it it works fine, if I add the shield port shape to the one decoration it throws the error. What puzzels me is the default decorations work with the single conductor so there must be something about my custom decoration that is missing? I have tried recreating the cable from scratch many times, it seems that the single connductor shielded cable will only work with default decorations which are too small for our standards. What am I missing here? The custom decorations I made work with all the shielded cables except the single connductor.

Thanks in advance

John

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags