cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2D CADDS5 to Pro/E

ptc-1204514
1-Newbie

2D CADDS5 to Pro/E

Has anyone converted any 2D CADDS5 drawings into a Pro/E format? Is there any software available to help out with this? Any tips?
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Into ProE 2D drawings or 3D models? There is the AutobuildZ function to help convert your 2D geometry into sketches for making 3D parts. It works with DXF/DWG and other 2D formats. Regards

Try this (i haven't used it myself) but you can go cadds->dxf->proe www.draftware.com/dvcaddshome.htm

Use the Iges convertor. When we moved over to Pro/e our systems guy wrote some scripts which generated IGES files from 1000's of CADDS drawing files. These can easily be loaded into Pro/E Conversion really tests out if your engineers where using layer conventions as well. hope this is of use. How many drawings do you want to convert? Regards Paul

Paul, Did you transfer any drawings with HLR 3D views? We tried to export drawings made from parametric models but the HLR views have a lot of flaws. The basic export is terrible. If you execute Smash Entities in Cadds before exporting the result is better but not adequate. Any input would be much appreciated. Regards Magnus

sangeorz,

Funny thing, I remember posting this reply here 5 years ago (when there was a CADDS forum), and my posting was here for years! Not sure why or when it was removed, but I recall Magnus also replying in support of my info... What I had posted was:

Yes, DraftView is a CADDS viewer & translator that reads CADDS 5 and CADDS 4X directly. It is a low-cost solution that has been available since 1991. DraftView provides CADDS to DXF export capability, which can then be imported directly into ProE/Creo. Orientation of 3D model views are maintained in DXF's Paperspace Layout feature. The software also includes a "batch" translating utility.

There are many companies using DraftView to do this. A few examples would be: Lockheed Martin, NASA, Aston Martin, BAE Systems, GE, General Dynamics, Bechtel, Airbus, Square D, Jaguar/Rover, GKN, Westinghouse, Hyundai, Volvo, etc, among many, many others.

Visit www.draftware.com for more info.

-Steve

Announcements