cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

3D scanner for Laboratory scanning

davehaigh
11-Garnet

3D scanner for Laboratory scanning

This is just only tangentially related to Creo. I'm looking for anyone that has used a 3D scanner to scan large objects or rooms full of equipment.

We have labs with lots of large equipment. Fire sprinklers, conduit, filters, glovebox ventilation ducting, and the list goes on. The rooms are, shall I say, typically crammed to the gills with equipment.

When we have to add new equipment, we need to know where everything is. On my latest project we've spent quite some time, with several people trying to determine as best we can where everything is. So far at least three measuring trips to the room with anywhere from 3 to 5 people involved. That add up to real money, really quick.

I've seen some scanners at the PTC conference, and I'm wondering if anyone has used these for scanning large objects, and your thoughts on them and their ease of use. I want to be able to bring that data into Creo to make sure I capture all the potential interference's.

This appears to be the one I saw at the conference. But I'm open to anything that would be suitable.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags