cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

3d Lightweight Preview not working in Creo 9.0

Aditya__Gajjar
5-Regular Member

3d Lightweight Preview not working in Creo 9.0

In the assembly after enabling the Show popup view from the model tree settings, While hovering the mouse cursor on any of the components in the model tree Creo shows the thumbnail of the part. Which shows the message (Click the image for a 3d view)

Earlier updates of the Creo like in Version 7 after clicking on the image will get the 3d lightweight preview in the mini windows which is a useful feature for many customers. Now we are unable to get a 3d lightweight preview of the component geometry in Creo 9.

10 REPLIES 10

Hi,

in my Creo 9.0.2.0 installation the functionality is available. Play preview3D.mp4

Martin Hanák
Aditya__Gajjar
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

Strange!! I have 9.0.4.0 isn't working.

Aditya__Gajjar
5-Regular Member

Tried in 9.0.1.0/2.0/3.0/4.0. Not working in any date code.

@Aditya__Gajjar wrote:

Tried in 9.0.1.0/2.0/3.0/4.0. Not working in any date code.

Hi,

1.] login as different user and try it again

2.] rename all config.pro to config.pro_renamed and try it again

Note: In case that you installed Creo 7.0 and then Creo 9.0 the collisions may occur between these versions. To separate these installation you have to use PTC_WF_ROOT variable.

Martin Hanák
Aditya__Gajjar
5-Regular Member

Hi,

1) There are no Admin and User profiles it's a Single profile with all write access and permissions.

2) Tried to rename the config.pro / used default config / Re-installed Creo still not working. (Check Snap)

3) Tried with other users and the system, and the result was the same.

4) In my system I installed Creo 9.0 first then I installed Creo 7.0.

5) Checked other user systems in which only Creo 9.0 is there, and the result was the same.

Aditya__Gajjar_0-1680861595435.png

I am also facing same issue in Creo 9.0.3.0 installed in Windows 10.

@Aditya__Gajjar wrote:

Hi,

1) There are no Admin and User profiles it's a Single profile with all write access and permissions.

2) Tried to rename the config.pro / used default config / Re-installed Creo still not working. (Check Snap)

3) Tried with other users and the system, and the result was the same.

4) In my system I installed Creo 9.0 first then I installed Creo 7.0.

5) Checked other user systems in which only Creo 9.0 is there, and the result was the same.

Aditya__Gajjar_0-1680861595435.png

Hi,

please contact PTC Support, I have no other idea.

Martin Hanák

This is a very useful feature while working in large assemblies. I have been using it since Creo 5 but unfortunately not working in Creo 8 and 9.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:JC_10640488)

As Martin mentioned, open a PTC tech support ticket or contact your reseller to open a ticket. They will be able to work with you directly and solve the problem.

Aditya__Gajjar
5-Regular Member
(To:StephenW)

Hi,

Yes already raised the case before this post, PTC still working on this.

Top Tags