cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

6 bar Linkage

ptc-1023872
4-Participant

6 bar Linkage

I'm using CREO 3.0 and I have to define a multi bar linkage (maybe a 6-bar) having a defined path (4 precision pionts) and envelope constrains.

Is it possible, imposing the path or precision points,  to have the 6 bar linkage defined by PTC?

Is there anybody can help me?

A 4 bar linkage doesn't work with current envelope constrains......

Thanks,

Stefano

2018-10-03_171825.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

A more specific question would help.  If you are asking how to design the mechanism, that's not what this forum is for. It's about helping you make the best use of Creo.

If you're trying to develop it and have gotten stuck with some Creo functionality along the way, tell us where you are stuck and we can help with that.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

Actually, I was looking for informations about the possibility and method to create a 6bar linkages.

It is only a matetr of write equations with Mathcad?.

I can model beams and assembly them with MDX and MDO to carry out analysis but I don't know how to dimension these beams in order to follow the given path.....

Sorry if This is not the proper forum.

I know nothing of MathCAD or if it might be applicable here. You might try the MathCAD forums and see if anyone there can help.

Perhaps it's just my inexperience in designing multibar linkages, but it's hard to see from your image what you are trying to accomplish and therefore it's hard to give any advice on how to proceed. It seems more like a general engineering or design question rather than a Creo specific question, which is why I suggested that this wasn't the best forum for your question. Maybe someone else will have some better insight.

There is nothing built in to Creo specifically for developing multibar linkages that I'm aware of.  Once you have a concept, MDO & MDX can help in simulating and refining it.

Sorry I can't be more help.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

I've found a software able to do this (calculate all possible linkages for 5 precision points) but it was developed for a PTC competitor 3D software.

I was wondering if someting similar was buil for CREO, but from my experience and your answer I think no......

Anyway, Thaks a lot for your help.

Top Tags