cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

AFX 8020 profile not displaying t slots

RC_10200322
2-Guest

AFX 8020 profile not displaying t slots

Hello,

I'm using the AFX extension on Creo 4.0 and everytime I use any of the 8020 profiles, or any slotted profile, the slots never actually appear. Does anybody know why the slots never appear? Thanks!

RC_10200322_0-1667592698361.png

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @RC_10200322 ,

the reason for that is to increase performance in bigger assemblies. You can work with AFX with the profiles even if the slots are not displayed.

However you can also display the beams in full utilizing the simplified rep tool of AFX.

See here for a detailed description:

https://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/r9.0/usascii/#page/advanced_framework/About_AFX_Simplified_Representations.html

Hope this helps.

Samuel Brantner
B&W Software GmbH

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @RC_10200322 ,

the reason for that is to increase performance in bigger assemblies. You can work with AFX with the profiles even if the slots are not displayed.

However you can also display the beams in full utilizing the simplified rep tool of AFX.

See here for a detailed description:

https://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/r9.0/usascii/#page/advanced_framework/About_AFX_Simplified_Representations.html

Hope this helps.

Samuel Brantner
B&W Software GmbH

Hi,

it seems to me that 3rd row in table (on help page), i.e. Screw or dowel pin connections, is not correct.

Martin Hanák

Hi @MartinHanak ,

what exactly is not working or seems wrong? 

BTW: The function covers only IFX screws and dowel pins. Maybe that was the issue.

Samuel Brantner
B&W Software GmbH

@SamuelBrantner wrote:

Hi @MartinHanak ,

what exactly is not working or seems wrong? 

BTW: The function covers only IFX screws and dowel pins. Maybe that was the issue.

Hi,

from my point of view following table is little bit confusing.  That's all.

MartinHanak_1-1667843559468.png

It seems to me that the option  All holes, screws and dowel pins are visible. is Full detail option.

Also I would add following picture to point 1..

MartinHanak_3-1667843762755.png

Martin Hanák

Hi @MartinHanak ,

okay so the order is the issue I get it. It would make more sense the other way around I see that now.

Adding Dialog images to the helpcenter is generally not a good practice as this is bad for localization purposes.

Thanks for the feedback!

Samuel Brantner
B&W Software GmbH
Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags