cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

AFX - Can't place profile on a curve

TV_8804086
3-Visitor

AFX - Can't place profile on a curve

Hello,

I have a strange issue when trying to place a profile along a curved sketch in AFX. I press "new profile", select the profile I want, and select "assemble profile on a bend curve". I can select a starting and ending curve just fine, but no matter what I do, as long as my selected curves are anything but a straight line, it will not let me select an orientation plane, and it won't auto-select one like it does for straight lines. I cannot figure out why this is happening. Is anyone aware of something I could be doing wrong?

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @TV_8804086 ,

have you checked out the dedidcated help chapter about this?

https://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/r7.0/usascii/#page/advanced_framework%2FTo_Position_a_Bend_Profile_Along_a_Curve.html%23

Greetings Sam

Samuel Brantner
B&W Software GmbH

I have read that article and many other similar ones. The problem is that Creo is not behaving as the article describes. It will simply not let me "select a plane on the model that is parallel to the curve" as the articles suggests I should be able to do. Absolutely nothing happens no matter what plane I click, either from the model or from the model tree. I have tried creating a plane using the prompt in the "new profile" menu as well, but this does not work.

Hi @TV_8804086 ,

what version of AFX / Creo are you running? 

The curve you select must be a 2D Curve that is in one sketch. Can you upload a model and a description what you are doing?

Greetings Sam

Samuel Brantner
B&W Software GmbH
Top Tags