cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

AFX: Mysterious dimensional parameters

bmancini
13-Aquamarine

AFX: Mysterious dimensional parameters

Hi,
I am studying the AFX module "Creo Advanced Framework Extension" and I notice something as strange as it is interesting that I cannot explain. In the model of the library "\parts\profiles\steel_beams_mm\c_beam.prt" there are parameters associated with dimensions, see B_STR, H_STR, T_STR, C_STR, they have zero suppression and are approximated to two decimal places.

bmancini_0-1663405497733.png

The question is: I would have expected to find relationships that would define its values ​​and instead, there are none! So how is this possible? Where have they been defined?

I tried to see if they were defined inside Pro\Program, but nothing ...

To achieve my goal, for similar shapes, for now I have duplicated this model and reused these dimensions, but I would really like to understand how this thing is possible to apply it to new shapes.

Thank you.

P.S. I'm using Creo 9.0.0.0

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @bmancini ,

there is a logic in AFX that creates those parameters. The "magic" is created by the parameter BUW_DOUBLE_TO_STR_INFO followed by the named dimensions and the required decimal places.

I hope this helps

Samuel Brantner
B&W Software GmbH

Thank you Samuel for the replay.
As soon as i have some time i'll try to study it.

Top Tags