cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Access Permission for CAD user?

smcgee
3-Visitor

Access Permission for CAD user?

Every time a user of mine opens or saves a document this pop-up comes up.

Retrieval Message.PNG

You have insufficient access permission for retrieval files to be recorded at the location specified in the Configuration option last_session_directory_path

To set a different location for the retrieval files, click Close, or set appropriate access permission and then click Retry.

The user can work normally and I believe all is fine, but some permission is perhaps missing?

He is a new user who should be able to access all CAD/Document files and arrange everything he needs in Windchill. Basically do all except administrative rights.

Thanks for the help!

Note: I am a novice Windchill administrator and not a Creo/CAD person, so simplified explanations may be needed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:smcgee)

The configuration option last_session_directory_path is set to a directory he doesn't have access too.

Go to FILE - OPTIONS - configuration editor and scroll down to the option last_session_directory_path and see where it is set to. If it is set to the correct directory, make sure the user has full control over that folder. If it is set to the wrong directory, correct the path.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:smcgee)

The configuration option last_session_directory_path is set to a directory he doesn't have access too.

Go to FILE - OPTIONS - configuration editor and scroll down to the option last_session_directory_path and see where it is set to. If it is set to the correct directory, make sure the user has full control over that folder. If it is set to the wrong directory, correct the path.

Top Tags