cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Activation of modeling within an assembly

gfraulini
17-Peridot

Activation of modeling within an assembly

Hi all,

when you are within an assembly and you want to model a part, you can edit a single dimension or activate the part. In this case also the icons change and show you the part environment.

Here I have two problems:

1) if you show the datum planes/axes/points, also the planes/axes/points of the assebly are shown, creating a much confusion if the assembly is big;

2) you can't see where the part is in the model tree if it is inside a sub assembly. It would be nice if the model tree could open at the point of the activated part.

Are there some options in the config.pro or something else?

Thanks

Bye

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:gfraulini)

I am using CREO 2.

Try this thread:

MCAD Central

There is always more to learn in Creo.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
kdirth
20-Turquoise

1) Your datums and such need to be on layers for each part and assembly.  You can then hide all of the layers in the layer tree.  When you want to unhide layers for one part, select the arrow at the top of the layer tree then the part and only the layers for that part will be shown.  You can now unhide only the layers for that part.

2) To find the part, before you activate it, select the part, right click and select "Locate in Model Tree" and the tree will expand and move it into view.

gfraulini
17-Peridot
(To:kdirth)

Thanks Kevin.

I answer for points:

1) this way, in my opinion, is very slow, but I admit that it works.

2) I use WF5 and I don't see "locate in model tree". Maybe you use a Creo release where this feature is already implemented?

kdirth
20-Turquoise

I am using CREO 2.

Try this thread:

MCAD Central

gfraulini
17-Peridot
(To:kdirth)

Yeah I found the answer to the 2nd question in that site:

"Right-click on your icons, select "toolbars" then the "view" category, and scroll almost all the way down. Therearetwo"one" options, choose the onewith three boxes next to it with the white center box. Click on it and drag it into your icons. This will highlight and expand in the model tree the current part or feature that is selected."

For the first any other suggestions?

kdirth
20-Turquoise

Using layers is the only method I know of to do what you are asking.  Layers set up properly with rules should automatically add your datums to the roper layer.  It is then only a matter of turning them on and off.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Layers has always been the only way to control display of planes-axis-points-csys. I think there are several product ideas on this but this was the only one I could find quickly. Single-Level Datum/Annotation Display

Top Tags