cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Adding Balloons to Previously Ballooned Parts

Greg_H
11-Garnet

Adding Balloons to Previously Ballooned Parts

Using Creo 5.0.4 - New user

I have a section view that is a partial view (not to be confused with a partial section view).  I want to balloon the items shown on this view for clarification.  These items are already ballooned in other full views.

My limited understanding of Creo is these have to be a reference balloon (with the word "ref" underneath).  Creating them was a challenge.  I could not create them following the instructions given in Creo Parametric Help Center (ptc.com). I selected a component then nothing would happen, regardless if I picked the Reference Balloon button before or after my selection.  Tried right clicking, tried left clicking, tried middle mouse button, tried hitting enter.  (I rarely know which button I should be hitting half the time).

I ended up creating the reference balloons in another view (I don't know how as I cannot repeat the process) and manually moving them to the section view.

Adding 3 balloons should not be a 25 minute process.  Any tips?

Thanks,

Greg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:Greg_H)

In Table tab, select Create Ref Balloons, then select part or querry select (RMB) to select subassembly.  Item selected must be in BOM table.  Part of sub a assembly is not valid.

There is always more to learn in Creo.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:Greg_H)

In Table tab, select Create Ref Balloons, then select part or querry select (RMB) to select subassembly.  Item selected must be in BOM table.  Part of sub a assembly is not valid.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Greg_H
11-Garnet
(To:kdirth)

@kdirth wrote:

I'm guessing that was my issue.  The components I was having trouble with were subassemblies, and the system probably thought I was selecting the part.

What I finally did, after further research, was select the view, right click, select Use Model in Tree, select Create Ref Balloons, select the components (subassemblies) in the model tree, (the balloons auto populate in the correct view), middle mouse click, click on Annotate tab, click Attachment in the Edit category, select a balloon and select edges in the shown area of my partial view.  Phew!   

Top Tags