cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Adding dimension to LINE END

NG_10722318
3-Visitor

Adding dimension to LINE END

This SHOULD be very simple.

It IS very simple in every other package I have used.

I just want a dimension in a drawing to SNAP to the END of the line for line 1 and END of the line for line 2, not the middle, not any other random point it feels like choosing but the END of the line under my mouse.

Simple right?

I have tried putting in sketched lines to lock in a point for it to use but you cant dimension a sketched line while its near a model line???

It is crazy this is not easier to do. I can snap lines to the points i am trying to dimension but i CANT dimension them????

There is no way to move the attachment point after the dimension is created.

There is no way to restrict the attachment point to END OF LINE as its being created.

Yes i am frustrated, being forced to use CREO for Uni ... waste of time imo but here I am.

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

Creo is 3D system, because of that 2D sketching does not work as you expect.

Suggestion> Create requested action in model and display it in drawing.

Martin Hanák

So your solution is CREO has less capability than other software and I should just not bother trying to do a very very simple thing as dimension a model into a drawing?

@NG_10722318 wrote:

So your solution is CREO has less capability than other software and I should just not bother trying to do a very very simple thing as dimension a model into a drawing?

Hi,

I hope that you know that it's pointless to get angry that you don't understand why Creo works the way it does. If you are forced to use Creo, then please follow the advice published by @StephenW  ... this means:

• provide detailed description of your problem
  • publish descriptive pictures
  • upload Creo files packed in zip file (it save time to community users)

For inspiration ... please look at communication of user @IbrahimTayyab 

https://community.ptc.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=false&q=IbrahimTayyab

Martin Hanák

Creo usually snaps to end of line, but for some lines it might not (for example a curve seen from the side, so that the end of the LINE isn't the end of the EDGE. One way to get the dimension where you want is often to use the "Intersection point" Pettersson_0-1692787411880.png function. Since the end of one line is rarely free-floating in space but rather where it intersects a different line, you can use this to find the exact point for your dimension.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:NG_10722318)

Add an image of what you are doing, what you are needing, Your specific model geometry is never what other random users are imagining.

Adding dimensions to sketched drawing lines and to the model is likely the wrong approach, it has uses but they are limited.

Snap lines are specifically used to snap placement of dimensions, leaders, notes on a line. 

It's not Autocad. It's not solidworks, It's not inventor. If you use it like that, you will likely never get past the frustration.

Top Tags