cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Adding labels to cables

glászló
4-Participant

Adding labels to cables

Hi,

I've made a custom cable, and I've added a label to, it should show the part number of the cable, however if I route the cable the label is not there, it doesn't appear at all. What should I do?

cablelable.JPG

cablelable2.JPG

Regards,

Laszlo

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Laszlo

Firstly you will need to upgrade to Creo Schematics 3.0 M020

In the catalog explorer open the cable shape, select the cable decoration, and add the label.

Your label will then appear when you place the cable and will move with the cable decoration

See the attached movie

thanks, Jim

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Laszlo

Firstly you will need to upgrade to Creo Schematics 3.0 M020

In the catalog explorer open the cable shape, select the cable decoration, and add the label.

Your label will then appear when you place the cable and will move with the cable decoration

See the attached movie

thanks, Jim

Dear Jim,

How can I get the update? Currently I have the M010 version. After updating Is it possible to add the label to the cable itself (see on photo) not to the decoration?

Thanks,

Laszlo

Laszlo

You can download M020 from the software update page https://support.ptc.com/appserver/common/login/ssl/login.jsp?dest=%2Fappserver%2Fcs%2Fsoftware_update%2Fswupdate.jsp&msg…

The label has to be attached to the decoration

thanks

Jim

Dear Jim!

Currently  I cant access the page to download the update. I will contact our distributor for help.

Thanks,

Laszlo

Jim,

I've got the update, it's working now, thanks!

Regards,
Laszlo

Top Tags