cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Adding leaders to a balloon when additional parts are added

ptc-3003679
1-Newbie

Adding leaders to a balloon when additional parts are added

Additional features were added to an assembly, and I need to add a 2nd leader from one balloon to the 2nd feature. I'm looking for the steps to accomplish this in the drawing mode. You can reply to my email address info@tunelink.com Thank you.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8

Try: #Table, #bom balloon, #Split and follow the instructions on the screen. br Gunnar

Thank you, Gunnar. It looks like that should be the method, however, I am getting a prompt that the item needs to be from the same table row. The table updated to the quantity of inserts, but for some reason it is not recognizing the part when I try to select it.

Try different attribute for the table

I don't think you can add a second leader from a BOM balloon. You can add multiple leaders from standard balloons. Split allows you to split the quantity of an item between multiple balloons.

@Kevin You are right. But a workarround would be to split and then place the ballons on top of each other. (grid snap)

@Kevin You are right. But a workarround would be to split and then place the ballons on top of each other. (grid snap)

In my opion there's really no need to that.

I am having the same issue for my drawing. There are 2 studs in my assembly but I cannot show in one balloon(w/qty) and 2 leaders. I cannot add 2nd leader. Anyone to help?

Top Tags