cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Adding stubborn BOM balloons.

mjenkins
5-Regular Member

Adding stubborn BOM balloons.

Does anyone have a good technique they are willing to share about adding BOM balloons.

I use a repeat region and then select Table>Bom ballons> Create Ballon>Show All

Sometimes one won't show up or for some reason or other needs to be shown in a different view.

For this, I use Table>Bom ballons> Create Ballon>Comp & View

If this still doesn't work, I right click on the component in the tree and select Create Balloon.

Kudos to PTC for fixing the ability to do this on flexible components.

Sometimes I cannot get a balloon to show on a patterned component though. Any thoughts?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
mjenkins
5-Regular Member
(To:mjenkins)

Got one good response:

"One way to do it is to add a temporary exploded view to the drawing, show all (or just the missing) balloons in that view and them move them to the view you want them in. Then delete the exploded view

I haven't had a problem with balloons on a patterned part, but maybe the first component of the pattern is falling into the "one won't show up for some reason" issue."

Also, I tried ungrouping the pattern and then trying to add the component balloon.

In the end, I just added a fake balloon. Slap my hand with a ruler!

Top Tags