cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Am I crazy...or just getting old?

DeanLong
10-Marble

Am I crazy...or just getting old?

I have a cast partthat is merged, old school style,into the machined part. I have added an axis into the cast part that showed up in the merged machinged part as expected. But, I have changed the name of the axis in the cast model but the name does not change in the merged machined part. What gives?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Did you keep the assembly?

If you did. Try to open the assembly and then open the cast part. Rename the feature and save both the part and assembly.

I had a situation were the changes made did not transfer to the machined part unless I had the assembly open. I know this is not how it's supposes to work, but it's worth a try. I usually have no issues with the merge or cutout process.

By the way. There is nothing old school about Merge. In many cases the Inheritance process allows you to change the machined part directly which many people do not like. The merge process keeps the access to the machined part limited to only adding features and prevents modficiations of existing features based on the cast part. Just saying.... 🙂

"Too many people walk around like Clark Kent, because they don't realize they can Fly like Superman"

Top Tags