cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Animate simplified representation

ErikClacey
12-Amethyst

Animate simplified representation

Hi,

I have used simplified representations to "break" up a robotic arm in three sections that I assemble and then use mechanisms to animate the movement with server motors. If I then go to Applications -> Animation I get a warning that "Cannot enter Design Animation application with Graphics rep or Symbolic Rep. Does this mean that I can only use the limited animation functionality within the Mechanism application?

Also I try to change the background to white, but when I try to capture an animation I get the first fram with white background and the following have a white to blue transition background, similar to what the default background was 15 years ago.

2 REPLIES 2

@ErikClacey wrote:

Hi,

I have used simplified representations to "break" up a robotic arm in three sections that I assemble and then use mechanisms to animate the movement with server motors. If I then go to Applications -> Animation I get a warning that "Cannot enter Design Animation application with Graphics rep or Symbolic Rep. Does this mean that I can only use the limited animation functionality within the Mechanism application?

Also I try to change the background to white, but when I try to capture an animation I get the first fram with white background and the following have a white to blue transition background, similar to what the default background was 15 years ago.

Hi,

concerning the second question please read https://www.ptc.com/support/article?source=subscription&n=CS320103 article.

Martin Hanák

Thanks. I'll have a look at that to see if helps.

Top Tags