cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Animation with 2 directions / part

mballhause
4-Participant

Animation with 2 directions / part

Hi all,

during a forward move the part should rotate.

For this I need two different ksys: forward = global, rotation = selected ksys of a hole.

I’m not able to combine these two moves into one.

Thanks for help

Meike

5 REPLIES 5
RoyCrerar
14-Alexandrite
(To:mballhause)

Hi, It's been a while since I have done this but from memory you generate the kfs sequentially to start with then edit the start and finish times to be the same if you want to have the two tasks running concurrently.

mballhause
4-Participant
(To:RoyCrerar)

Thanks for this.

My problem is more difficult

I need two different csys.

I'll try to explain:

First movement linear to global csys – the complete assembly

Second movement rotation around the midpoint of a hole – only one component

The problem is that the hole is moving linear but the center of rotation is still at the start point of linear moving.

I am looking at this from a mechanism perspective so pardon me if I am way off.

I set up my animations in mechanism to begin with.  That way it just runs in animations.

Knowing this, you could just swap in a different model in your animation changing visibility during the rotation event if the event is only a short one.

If the rotation continues throughout the linear motion, I would suggest setting this up as a mechanism in full.

I will use multiple servo motors to mimic my motion profile.  If two motions are working in unison, I will use gear connections if I can.

Mechanism can be daunting at first glance.  Know that mechanism starts with assembly relations.  If you would like to know more about this suggestion, please feel free to express your current knowledge level of this line of thinking. 

mballhause
4-Participant
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Hi Tom,

thanks for your Solution.

I know mechanism well but in this case I can't use it.

The assembly is a creo elements direct model.

I'm so sorry I didn't wrote that I'm talking about Creo Illustrate.

Ha!  I always miss the parametric vs. direct variation 🙂

Top Tags