cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Annotate Dimensions

SM_10081957
5-Regular Member

Annotate Dimensions

Hello. I have been having issues on adding annotations on my 3d model on a top plane. I will visibly see the dimension but once I click off of it it will disappear but still show on my detail tree. Can anyone tell me as to why it does this?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SM_10081957
5-Regular Member
(To:SM_10081957)

I received help for this issue. Whenever you create annotations on a section make sure the entities you choose are in that section. If not your annotation won't display in that section view. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

layers?

We have that issue with drawing annotations being added to invisible layers.

SM_10081957
5-Regular Member
(To:BenLoosli)

How do I verify its on the correct layer? 

Hi @SM_10081957 ,

I would suspect that your annotations are turned off in the IGT (In graphics toolbar).

Once you will turn them back on, you will see all those annotations again also in your graphics area 🙂

Mfridman_0-1658209745415.png

SM_10081957
5-Regular Member

I received help for this issue. Whenever you create annotations on a section make sure the entities you choose are in that section. If not your annotation won't display in that section view. 

Thanks @SM_10081957 

I just wanted to highlight one more related aspect:

There is a model DTL setup option: "show_clipped_annotations" yes/no* which would define whether annotations would be shown/hidden in such situations when they are clipped by a section 

SM_10081957
5-Regular Member
(To:Mfridman)

Where do I find this DTL setup option?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

It is an option under the Sheet Setup menu.

You can also create a drawing.dtl file and add it to there, then use a config.pro setting to read a drawing detail file.

The DTL file is copied into your drawing templates when created and then you must edit them from Sheet Setup.

Hi @SM_10081957 

All of the model details options could be found here:

File-->Prepare-->Model properties-->Detail options (at the bottom of the page)

This option - "show_clipped_annotations" is the 4th one from the top (or you can search for it by name)

Thanks,

Michael 

SM_10081957
5-Regular Member
(To:Mfridman)

Thank you so much!!! This definitely helped!

Top Tags