cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Annotations that are related to a partial view move when you change the partial view spline?!?

SHOBrad
4-Participant

Annotations that are related to a partial view move when you change the partial view spline?!?

Running Creo 9.  This one seems like a WTF miss...

I have a drawing view that has long belts extending away from the rest of the assembly that I don't need to show.  Also on this drawing I have unattached notes next to all the sensor locations calling out the specific input that sensor feeds into.  I relate the notes to the view then decide that the belts could be trimmed by changing the full view to a partial view and BOOM the notes all move too.  Why on earth would "relate to view" be attached to some random arbitrary magical location that based on a made-up spline that 99% of the time you don't even see?!?  Please say there is a configuration setting for this like "relate to view location" that has 'Model Origin' as an option!

Thanks in advance!

Brad

4 REPLIES 4
aputman
9-Granite
(To:SHOBrad)

Open the View Properties, click the Origin tab. 

Is it set to View Center or on an item? Maybe if origin is always set to an item, your notes won't move.

aputman_0-1707859156067.png

SHOBrad
4-Participant
(To:aputman)

Thanks Aputman. That sounded like the right thing but tried it and no change.  All the labels are tied to the spline, not even the "reference point or geometry" but the spline.

Come on PTC...  No one else has complained about this!?!

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:SHOBrad)

I have seen complaints about this before and I have not been able to determine how the balloons are anchored in the view.

The same issue can occur when parts are added or removed or the explode state is modified.

There is always more to learn in Creo.

@SHOBrad wrote:

Running Creo 9.  This one seems like a WTF miss...

I have a drawing view that has long belts extending away from the rest of the assembly that I don't need to show.  Also on this drawing I have unattached notes next to all the sensor locations calling out the specific input that sensor feeds into.  I relate the notes to the view then decide that the belts could be trimmed by changing the full view to a partial view and BOOM the notes all move too.  Why on earth would "relate to view" be attached to some random arbitrary magical location that based on a made-up spline that 99% of the time you don't even see?!?  Please say there is a configuration setting for this like "relate to view location" that has 'Model Origin' as an option!

Thanks in advance!

Brad

Hi,

option no.1 ... Ask the same question to PTC Support.

option no.2 ... Create test data set, pack it into zip file and upload it. There will definitely be someone who will test your data.

Martin Hanák
Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags