cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Are you kidding me???

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Are you kidding me???

I just looked at what it would cost to get a seat of creo, and I found the absolutely outrageous quote for "Design Advanced Plus" package for $10,599....for only a YEAR license!  WTF???  I remember not long ago when you could flat out BUY a license for around $4k.  I can't afford almost $11k for only a year's worth of use, that's absurd.

Anyone want to sell a used copy of creo 3 or a computer that has it installed as part of "downsizing your business"?

No wonder Solidworks has been mopping up the floor with creo sales for years.  Just when their pricing was getting competitive with S/W, they went back to the old school ways when it was, what, $15k/seat?  But at least in those days, you actually BOUGHT the software, not simply rented it for a year.  What a total rip-off.

37 REPLIES 37
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:BenLoosli)

Here is the module comparison between Engineer III and Creo Design Advanced Plus.

From one chart PTC supplied, Engineer III was the next to top level (of 8), Creo Design Advanced Plus is the middle level (of5). Besides the increase in cost of the subscription bundle, we would now have to pay for Windchill modules.

How many of those 'added benefit' modules are really used in everyday use?  PTC gave me comparison pricing of what those added modules would cost if you licensed them individually, $29K+! If you don't use them, why buy them.

Engineer III

Creo Parametric

Creo Flexible Modeling Extension

Creo Human Factors Extension

Piping and Cabling Extension

Advanced Assembly Extension

ISDX II

Behavioral Modeling Extension

Mechanism Dynamics Extension

eLearning

Creo Essentials Home Use

Windchill ProjectLink

Windchill PDMLink Heavy

Creo Design Advanced Plus

Creo Parametric

Creo Flexible Modeling Extension

Creo Human Factors Extension

Piping and Cabling Extension

Advanced Assembly Extension

ISDX II

Behavioral Modeling Extension

Mechanism Dynamics Extension

eLearning

Creo Essentials Home Use

Windchill ProjectLink – Licensed Separately

Windchill PDMLink Heavy – Optional

Creo Human Factors Analysis

Collaboration Extension for Inventor

Collaboration Extension for Solidworks

Design Exploration Extension

Creo Render Studio

Intelligent Fastener Extension

Advanced Framework Extension

Legacy Data Migration Extension

Additive Manufacturing Extension – Standard

Expert Moldbase Extension

GD&T Advisor Extension

Creo Layout

Mold Machining

Tolerance Analysis Extension

Tool Design Extension

Just ran across this as I was searching for some other information, and you probably have it figured out now, but for future reference for everyone on this thread; you can buy a base license of Creo, and add any extension "a la carte". You do NOT need to buy one of the packages if you do not require all of the functionality within that package. 

FYI - Your friendly VAR - TriStar

bbrejcha
12-Amethyst
(To:dscherer)

Design engine we bought two of those engineering III licenses 😉 

Bart Brejcha

Design-engine.com

nice pick up Bart! Hope you are well!

bbrejcha
12-Amethyst

Im okay.  wish I was 20 years younger.  It's my firm belief that your design engineering software should cost a lot.  That sets you up as a consultant or contractor with a clear superiority.  Fusion 360 is cheap but you get what you pay for.    Maybe PTC could step up its came in NC tools....  it's hard to compete with fusion 360 ... thoughts?  

Advanced assembly is just plain badass.  

Bart Brejcha

Design-engine.com

In the smaller/medium size business world it is maybe a bit harder to compete with Fusion 360. But holistically, I (personally) do not ever have a problem competing against it.

That said, I agree they need to step up the Creo Manufacturing Tools, and coincidentally enough, they are planning to do so with upcoming releases. They have assured us of that; now which version will it be? Not sure; could be Creo 9.0

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Some added modules are expensive to add ala carte!

We added 2 Advanced Framework Extensions this spring, approximate cost was $15K for the 1 year subscriptions.

Now I just need to get PTC to prorate subscriptions so I can get the bills paid in one check instead of the 5 or 6 they have us spread out over now. I have my annual maintenance on the 10 owned Creo licenses plus some MathCAD, 24 Windchill subscriptions, 3 Design Advantage and 1 Design Advantage Plus subscriptions, 2 Framework Extensions subscriptions, 75 Windchill subscriptions and I'm sure some MathCAD subscriptions that do not fall under my responsibility.

Hello,

Thanks for your note! I agree that some of the extensions can be expensive a la carte, thats when you just have to evaluate whats better, the package, or just the extension.

I will say Advanced Framework Extension is now in the base package of Creo, so not sure why you may have been advised to buy a la carte. Even if you bought a full license of Creo, just for that extension, it would be $2,980 for the year. 

If you want me to take a look at your licensing, I would be happy to help with consolidation of renewal dates and what your best options are to save the most money, and only pay for functionality you need. Do it all the time. 

devin.scherer@tristar.com

Top Tags