cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Assembly concentric constraint

Cadguru12!
2-Guest

Assembly concentric constraint

I have just started learning Creo, after years of Inventor and Solidworks. Is there no concentric assembly constraint? When I put a pin in a hole, how is that a coincident constraint?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hbaq121
4-Participant
(To:Cadguru12!)

In Creo it is called coincidental  Doesn't follow ANSI drafting nomenclature, but that is what you want.  Select the hole or dowel side surfaces and set the constraint to coincident.

Just wait until you have to edit something and all it says is protrusion.  Protrusion is a bit bizarre.

I too came from Solidworks and coworkers looked at me like I lost my mind when I asked where is the concentric constraint.  Almost as if they didn't know what concentric is.  I had to explain.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenW
23-Emerald II

By default, Creo aligns axis to axis when you select the 2 surfaces of the diameter selected. If you want a tangential surfaces, you must pre-select the constraint as tangent or change the constraint to tangent after selection.

Hbaq121
4-Participant

In Creo it is called coincidental  Doesn't follow ANSI drafting nomenclature, but that is what you want.  Select the hole or dowel side surfaces and set the constraint to coincident.

Just wait until you have to edit something and all it says is protrusion.  Protrusion is a bit bizarre.

I too came from Solidworks and coworkers looked at me like I lost my mind when I asked where is the concentric constraint.  Almost as if they didn't know what concentric is.  I had to explain.

Top Tags