cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Assembly "Yellow Light" Issues

fgallagher
4-Participant

Assembly "Yellow Light" Issues

I have an assembly that will not regenerate to Green Light. No errors come up, nothing in the regeneration manager and I've made sure all of my parts regenerated to green with no issues. Now, when I regenerate from the drawiing, the model does go green, until I regenerate from the model then back to yellow. Any suggestions on where to start troubleshooting?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
9 REPLIES 9

Its like chasing ghosts. I can only recommend finding stray relations that may have been created where the reference has been deleted. If you use mechanism, it could be in assembly constraints. I have a very complex file with all kinds of display states and once I get it stable it acts fine. But a single change can create flags all over the place.

fgallagher
4-Participant
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Antonius,

Thank you for the quick response. One thing I should mention is that I created this assembly from another assembly using "Save a Copy". Now the first assembly regenerates fine and what I just realized is that when I regenerate the first assembly, then the second assembly will turn green. There must be some kind of relation between the two assemblies.

Interesting. Does either assembly use family tables? Where I am going with this is that they may have duplicate names. Is only the top level saved as a new file, or does it have new sub-components as well? Are you using any flexible models (flexible in assembly, not the flexible model extension)?

If you close everything; erase memory; and open just the new assembly file, do you still get an error?

If you rather not chase the problem and have maintenance, you could let Tech Support chase it for you. You might have uncovered a way-of-working bug that could help in the long run with this type of operation.

How complex is this assembly?

fgallagher
4-Participant

Antonius,

The assembly is not complex at all, only 7 parts in it. No family tables are used. No flexible models. I closed everything down in Creo, erased memory, and opened the model in quesiton and it comes up yellow. Nothing in the Regeneration Manager also. No errors in the scroll bar as well. No issues with parent/child. There has to be something linked between this model and the first model I created. Just don't know where to start looking.

If this is in Creo 2 full version or earlier, and you can share it, just save-as in zip format and attach it to the post using the advanced editor (upper right of the reply screen).

If this is sensitive information, you can have PTC support look at it.

I never like chasing errors in assemblies. There is not nearly enough feedback from the software to make intelligent queries. Creo 3 is suppose to finally address this. We'll see!

fgallagher
4-Participant

I am using Creo 2. See the two attached files for your reference. Thanks for your help, it is greatly appreciated.

You don't want to hear this but I don't get any errors in either file.

Do you have a Creo shortcut to a default config.pro? Like the original desktop link?

You might try that to see if there is something in your config.pro causing issues.

fgallagher
4-Participant

LOL! Great, well sounds like a good place to stop for today. I will check it out tomorrow to see what is going on. Thanks Antonius, I will let you know what I find out.

...till then.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags