cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Assembly stops moving with cntrl+alt+left click

w_user
2-Guest

Assembly stops moving with cntrl+alt+left click

I'm having trouble getting a fairly simple assembly to move correctly. I have an actuator connecting to a plate and the plate is connected to 2 hinges. I can get the assembly to move correctly with cntrl+alt+left click right after assembling it (I get the "Model is disconnected" error though and can't figure that out). It moves fine until I edit the geometry of the plate part, then cntrl+alt+left click stops working and the assembly doesn't move at all. 

What am I doing wrong here? The plate is assembled to the actuator with a pin constraint, Set 2 is a planar constraint to the first hing, Set 3 is planar constraint to the second hinge, then Set 4 is a general constraint aligning the plate screw holes to the first hinges screw holes. The motion works as expected while still in the Assembly placement edit, but once I click the green check-mark the model does not move anymore. 

3 REPLIES 3

@w_user wrote:

I'm having trouble getting a fairly simple assembly to move correctly. I have an actuator connecting to a plate and the plate is connected to 2 hinges. I can get the assembly to move correctly with cntrl+alt+left click right after assembling it (I get the "Model is disconnected" error though and can't figure that out). It moves fine until I edit the geometry of the plate part, then cntrl+alt+left click stops working and the assembly doesn't move at all. 

What am I doing wrong here? The plate is assembled to the actuator with a pin constraint, Set 2 is a planar constraint to the first hing, Set 3 is planar constraint to the second hinge, then Set 4 is a general constraint aligning the plate screw holes to the first hinges screw holes. The motion works as expected while still in the Assembly placement edit, but once I click the green check-mark the model does not move anymore. 

Hi,

I think you have to resolve "Model is disconnected" error, firstly.

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin, 

Yeah I agree, but I was having trouble figuring out why I was getting that error. I found the problem and it was just that I had conflicting regeneration states from the assembled loop. Once I got rid of the regeneration on everything except one component I was able to reassemble and it worked. 

However I still have the problem where when I change one of the parts (changing the mounting point on the plate the actuator attaches to) then my model still freezes and I can't move it with ctrl+alt+left click. It seems to almost be a graphics error? Because if I save the assembly as a new part number, then the new assembly moves as expected. Is there something else I'm doing wrong where the assembly freezes? 

@w_user wrote:

Hi Martin, 

Yeah I agree, but I was having trouble figuring out why I was getting that error. I found the problem and it was just that I had conflicting regeneration states from the assembled loop. Once I got rid of the regeneration on everything except one component I was able to reassemble and it worked. 

However I still have the problem where when I change one of the parts (changing the mounting point on the plate the actuator attaches to) then my model still freezes and I can't move it with ctrl+alt+left click. It seems to almost be a graphics error? Because if I save the assembly as a new part number, then the new assembly moves as expected. Is there something else I'm doing wrong where the assembly freezes? 

Hi,

unfortunately I can't imagine your situation.

Please make a video that shows the problem and upload it.

You cal also zip your data (or prepare test data set) and upload it.

Also I need to know what Creo version do you use.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags