I would like to have an application like autobuild-z which creates a dumb block from an assembly without references to origin.
- protect your know-how when giving away models
- reduce size when giving away models
- reduce model size of STEP assemblies from suppliers when you dont want to see internals
- avoid cluttering of your database with unwanted models
As Shrinkwrap does not always produce good models I have to
- load the STEP-assembly into my template designasm
- merge all components to a merge part
- export the merge part to STEP (IGES)
- import the STEP (IGES) part into my template solidpart
This procedure provides me with parts up to my standards and with my parameters.
I think this could be automated by an application which could bypass the export/import procedure to avoid faults
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.