cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

AutoGem Fatal Errors...

pdkoren
1-Newbie

AutoGem Fatal Errors...

I have an assembly analysis that will run just fine IF I create the mesh thru REFINE MODEL/AUTO GEM/CREATE, but will fail if I do not and simply run the analysis with default settings. I get a fatal error in the autogem section right at the start. When I do the mesh creation myself, I do get pop-up questions: "AutoGEM has detected problems adding elements to the model. Do you want these problems fixed?" and "Do you want AutoGEM to approximate all invalid elements? which I answer yes to both. Then I can save the mesh and letthe analysis use it. The problem areas are in a componentthat isnot critical and"inherited". I haven't spent the time to fix these areas. I am wondering WHY Creo would have the capability to"fix" AutoGEM mesh issues but not use them during a normal analysis run? Though, I guess I understandnot wanting to "magically" fix stuff without telling the user. BUT,am I missing something? IS there a way to tell theanalysis to do so?Just curious... sooner or later, I will end up fixing the problems areas...

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Paul,

There definitely is a way to have these errors automatically fixed, because I see these errors in my output files immediately followed by a 'Yes' - without my intervention. However, I'm not sure what setting has caused our setup to behave this way!

It may or may not be related to this general config option - it's only a wild guess:
show_geom_checks_on_creation no

HTH,
Jonathan

rgiles
1-Newbie
(To:pdkoren)

Hi Paul and Jonathan,

I think the option you're looking for is:

sim_expanded_diagnostics yes

The default is no. Changing to yes makes AutoGEM automatically answer yes to any prompts during the meshing process.

Best regards,

Rod

Rod Giles
Principal Engineer - Powertrain CAE
Triumph Designs Ltd
Normandy Way
Hinckley
Leicestershire
LE10 3BZ
United Kingdom
Top Tags