cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Automated creation of views of many models

jacoolo
4-Participant

Automated creation of views of many models

Hello All

I would like to push Creo to create automaticaly drawing or at least in existing drawing, single view (with prefixed orientation from model) of every model from indicated folder. layout or pattern of such created views is secondary to me. Advantage would be to have appropriate model name and scale above of every view

Is something like that possible at all? thank you in advance

question.JPG

1 REPLY 1

Drawing Template would be the right way to go...  (Standard Creo Functionality)....

I am sure some will suggest a trail file or a long mapkey... but to be honest you can get there faster and in way more control via Excel...

One option would be to use Nitro-CELL (FREE License) to loop through them and generate the new drawings from your models.   Another option would be CREOSON (also FREE) if you want to code a bit.

Here is Nitro-CELL in action:

Another example also using Nitro-CELL -- also shows how to get a list of files into an Excel table to process ... one the other end of the spectrum (exporting PDFs of drawings - with revision as part of the file name).

Hope that helps / inspires....

Dave

Top Tags