cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Automatically Ask With Custom Symbol

SD_8059163
2-Guest

Automatically Ask With Custom Symbol

Hi,

I'm trying to have a note as a custom symbol. I want to have it so that when I place the symbol Creo will automatically ask for input. For example we have a surface finish that when placed will automatically ask for a value.

SD_8059163_2-1692623292123.png

I have a profile of a surface tolerance with a number followed by 3 datums. This is in the note itself:

SD_8059163_3-1692623383345.png

I have \TOLERANCE\ as an attribute:

SD_8059163_1-1692622819149.png

I've looked at other symbols that automatically ask for a value but I can't figure out what the difference if for the life of me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I think requested functionality is not available OOTB.

Surface finish symbols are produced by PTC and you cannot recreate them.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

I think requested functionality is not available OOTB.

Surface finish symbols are produced by PTC and you cannot recreate them.

Martin Hanák

We do not use notes to define geometric tolerances. We create them with the geometric tolerance ribbon commands. The exact method of defining them differs depending on Creo release, but basically you need to have the datums defined (i.e. A, B, C, etc.) whether they are surface datums, axes, whatever.

Then when you define the geometric tolerance you specify the type, the numeric tolerance, and the datums that apply.

It's kind of tedious if you have to do a bunch of them, but that's just how it goes sometimes.

Top Tags