cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Avoid interference for IFX fasteners

OliverGräbner
16-Pearl

Avoid interference for IFX fasteners

New Customer Idea:

"When I am adding screws automatically through IFX, the generated bolt nut is having interferences because bolt is modeled on major dia and nut is modeled on minor dia. I have an assemblies where I have more than thousand parts including screws and nuts. When I am adding screws through IFX and doing global interference check, the result is always filled with screw interferences, therefore it is difficult to identify real intereferences. Why dont PTC make the library model nut part with hole major dia and put the cosmetic thread as internal minor dia. I think in this method there would not be any interferences in library part."

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH
2 REPLIES 2

This idea is valid for both nuts and screws. The solid material should not intersect with each other. The cosmetic threads shall show the outer shell.

Jan Stothfang
B&W Software GmbH

We have no plans to implement this in IFX by default.

It is up to the customer to change the library parts.

You can use the IFX-Suppress command to suppress all IFX library parts before you run your interference check.

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH
Top Tags