cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

BOLT DESCRIPTION IN BOM??

AntoniodeItaVen
4-Participant

BOLT DESCRIPTION IN BOM??

alright,

here is the thing. as long as you got the fastener extension installed you are able to insert standard bolts in your assembly, right?

Now, when creating the BOM the bolts are described as RHB###  and the nut RHN### , mmm that is ok but not at all correct?

Does anybody knows how to configure the box of the table so that it will show the details of the bolt instead of the generic name?

for instance show in the BOM 3/4 -10 UNC x 5  instead of RHB### makes more sense, isn´t it?

I appreciate any help on this

thanks in advance

Regards

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

You will need to edit the files behind intelligent fasteners to make the description and name fields match what your company needs.

Hi,

bolts and nuts contain set of parameters you can use in BOM output.

params.png

MH

Martin Hanák

Martin,

loosk like my issue could be the configuration of the intelligent extension fastener. As you can see on the parameters table, I just have the generic name

I am trying to add another property but the system keeps telling my the name is invalid.

sorry it is in spanish but it gives you a good idea of what I can see in my laptop.

any other suggestion?

Thanks in advance

Antonio

I'm pretty sure that the RHB.prt comes from the PTC's Basic Library, so I'm not sure how you are dealing with the intelligent fastener extension...

Anyway, in our model, there is a parameter "DESCRIPTION" which is shown in our BOM tables:

rhb.png

It could be that someone in the past manually added this parameter and put in the correct value for all instances.

However, in your picture, you are showing the instance RHB239 of the generic model RHB.  I don't think you can edit the parameter table of the instance - you need to be working on the generic....

Hi,

Paul Sobejko hit the target ...

rhb.prt is located in Creo3_M090\Creo 3.0\M090\Common Files\afx\parts\prolibrary\eng_part_lib\sqr_hex_bolt, its dat-file is Creo3_M090\Creo 3.0\M090\Common Files\afx\parts\screws_and_pins\screws\ANSI-ENGLISH\rhb.dat

rhb.prt does not follow rules applied to B&W parts, for example Creo3_M090\Creo 3.0\M090\Common Files\afx\parts\screws_and_pins\screws\mm\din580-c15.prt

Unfortunatelly I do not know, how to modify rhb.prt to fulfil your needs. Maybe OLIVER GRAEBNER from Intelligent Fastener Extension - IFX group will be able to help you.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi,

as Paul mentioned the rhb.prt belongs to the PTC's Basic Library.

As Martin mentioned the generic files are located in subfolders of ...afx\parts\prolibrary.

If you want to see other parameters on your model you have to change the generic file rhb.prt.

Add the columns you need to the family table.

It is also possible to use fasteners from the INCH catalog. The mechanism is a little bit different from the familiy table parts.

In this case a template exist an the *.dat file is used like a kind of family table. The template is copied, renamed and the dimensions and parameters are changed according to the dat file columns. If you want to use this mechanism you can add new columns to the dat file.

If you need more information about customizing your library visit the PTC Help Center - Tutorials:

http://help.ptc.com/creo_hc/creo30_pma_hc/usascii/index.html#page/pma/tutorials_pma/ifx_adv_intro.html

You also find additional information on the community page for Intelligent Fastener Extension - IFX

Hope this helps.

Oli

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

Guys,

thanks all for your answers, I did not know and I have not looked for the IFX tutorials. After all there is the way around for my BOM.

Basically I left and empty column and then I add the descrition of the bolt manually, what matters for me is that all quantities are updated and not bolts or nuts are missed.

I will try what Oliver recommends as soon as I got a break, I will post my results

thanks again

Antonio

Top Tags