cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

BOM Ballooning

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite

BOM Ballooning

Hello,

I need to do ballooning of all parts in a drawing view. For this, I have generated BOM table from Table--->Quick Table--->BOM DESCRIPTION Down.

After that, I selected SWITCH SYMBOLS and I am able to see a parameter named as rpt.index under ITEM column of BOM table.

I would like to know how to modify this parameter for the different parts?

Thanks and Regards'

Ketan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ketan,

you can set rpt.index value for specific item in repeat region table.

• activate Table tab
  • click Repeat Region command in Data group
  • click Fix Index command and follow orders displayed in message window

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Hi Kentan

according to your description, I guess there is one important step left. First, the table needs to be set as "simple-2-d region" which you can find by "table-repeat region-add-simple", just do as insruction in your drawing, and then click the table where you want to add your own parameter, say ,sequence-"rpt.index" and so on, then set the simple-2-d region's attribute as your requirement, and finally update the table, you will get the result.
wish this would help you.

Yongtao

Ketan,

you can set rpt.index value for specific item in repeat region table.

• activate Table tab
  • click Repeat Region command in Data group
  • click Fix Index command and follow orders displayed in message window

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Hello,

I have inserted a BOM table on sheet 1 of my drawing.  I'd like to show BOM balloons on sheet 2.  Is this possible to do?  CREO seems to be having an issue with this.  Thanks.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:wbottis)

In the drawing, if you go to the second sheet, you should be able to show bom balloons on the view on sheet 2.

That being said, most of the time I just move my view(s) to sheet 1 and place the balloons and then move the view back.

wbottis
12-Amethyst
(To:StephenW)

Hi Stephen,

This doesn't appear to work using either approach (i.e. showing balloons on sheet 2 or moving the view to sheet 1, then showing balloons).  I am getting the following error in the dashboard 'Invalid view for showing BOM Balloons for the region'.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Is this view a simplified rep and different from the one you had active when you added the table?

wbottis
12-Amethyst
(To:StephenW)

Stephen, it is a simplified rep and different.  I added the BOM table on sheet 1, which contains the master rep.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Officially, BOM balloons are not supported from one simp rep to another.

BUT, in this post, https://community.ptc.com/t5/Detailing-MBD-MBE/Create-a-BOM-index-between-Simplified-reps/m-p/62383, there is a work-around to get it to work.

Top Tags