cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

BOM Balloons Not Showing

Tyler-M3FAB
4-Participant

BOM Balloons Not Showing

I am using Creo Parametric - Release 4.0 (connected) 4.0 M030

Cannot Get BOM balloons to show up on a couple of drawings but will on others. No errors,no visible issues just balloons do not appear. Have tried clearing the regions and still nothing will show on any view. Can create other drawings and get balloons to work fine just certain drawings/models.

11 REPLIES 11
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Tyler-M3FAB)

1. Possibly the views are of a simplified rep but the BOM table is to another rep or the master rep.

2.There are more than one models in the drawing and you are trying to show the BOM balloons on the wrong model

3. Aliens are erasing bits of your brain so you think you don't see BOM balloons on some drawings but see them on others.

Any chance you can share a problem model/drawing?

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:StephenW)

Stephen,

Not sure if this is already one of your thoughts:

- multiple page drawing and you have used the balloon number on one of the other views. The same number cannot be used multiple times.

Tyler-M3FAB
4-Participant

Attached is an export PDF of the drawing to eliminate #3.

For #1- this is the default model. I have loaded other reps of the model and no balloons will show on those either. 

For #2- I have tried to add balloons on the other assemblies with the same issue. We rebuilt a similar rack to this from scratch and the balloons work on it as it should. This was a copied model that we renamed and modified. The old model is not active in the drawing models. 

StephenW
23-Emerald II

I still think #3 is most likely and they got to me too!

The  BOM table has to be set to the same rep as the one shown in the drawing, you can't show balloons from a table that uses a different rep than the view. (well, there is a work around but If you can avoid it, I would). If you have simplified reps on the model, it's the most likely reason for the balloon issue. It should give you a warning message in the message log if it is the case.

Any flexible components (varied items) where you change the dimension in the assembly model vs. what the part model actually is?

Tyler-M3FAB
4-Participant

I do have a simplified rep on page 4. It is not the active rep on page 1 or what the BOM table is referencing and I have created a new BOM and inserted another view and still cannot get the BOM to show. It doesn't give any error on the message log which drives me nuts!

#3 feels like the most legit option at the moment.

A similar question earlier - "Issues with Showing Item Balloons by View - Creo 4.0": https://community.ptc.com/t5/3D-Part-Assembly-Design/Issues-with-Showing-Item-Balloons-by-View-Creo-4-0/m-p/475151

Some helpful articles:

Tyler-M3FAB
4-Participant
(To:VladimirN)

I have cleared the regions and still not had any luck. I had found those cases before opening this one and was not able to make those fixes work on this.

kdirth
20-Turquoise

Another possibility is the balloons are already there and erased.  Check the drawing tree with the Table tab active for erased/hidden balloons. 

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Tyler-M3FAB
4-Participant
(To:kdirth)

Good thought. I checked the tree and don't see anything hidden our out of line. See attached snapshot.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Change to the annottation tab and expand the views to see hidden balloons, if they are there.

@Tyler-M3FAB wrote:
I am using Creo Parametric - Release 4.0 (connected) 4.0 M030

Cannot Get BOM balloons to show up on a couple of drawings but will on others. No errors,no visible issues just balloons do not appear. Have tried clearing the regions and still nothing will show on any view. Can create other drawings and get balloons to work fine just certain drawings/models.

Hi,

tip no 1.

Sometimes drawing can be corrupted. Create new drawing to verify this idea.

tip no 2.

Open case at PTC Support and send them problematic data.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags