cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

BOM Balloons

GrahameWard
5-Regular Member

BOM Balloons

When I do a drawing of an assembly I have a standard BOM table that I use. It has repeat regions. The first column corresponds to the item number in the table, which connects back to an integer parameter, "ITEM", in the part. The trouble is the balloons are different sizes depending on whether the integer is 1 or 2 digits. See below. Our Doc Control people don't like this. Does anyone know how to make them the same size regardless of the number of digits in the balloon? I can do it by increasing the font size of the balloons with one digit, but I shouldn't have to do that and it's a waste of time.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This is controlled in the drawing setup (.dtl) file. If you set the options max_balloon_radius and min_balloon_radius to the same value it will force the balloons to be of a set size. You might have to try various values to get one that’s the right size, by default they are set to zero which means they resize with the text (as you’re seeing).

You can set this either in File→Prepare→Drawing Properties or in the .dtl file directly (if you don’t know where this is, the config option pro_dtl_setup_dir in File→Options→Config Editor will tell you).

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

This is controlled in the drawing setup (.dtl) file. If you set the options max_balloon_radius and min_balloon_radius to the same value it will force the balloons to be of a set size. You might have to try various values to get one that’s the right size, by default they are set to zero which means they resize with the text (as you’re seeing).

You can set this either in File→Prepare→Drawing Properties or in the .dtl file directly (if you don’t know where this is, the config option pro_dtl_setup_dir in File→Options→Config Editor will tell you).

Hope this helps

GrahameWard
5-Regular Member
(To:dcox-2)

This the answer I wanted. Thanks!

Graham,

you can create custom symbol and switch bom balloons from standard symbol to custom symbol. Unfortunatelly this solution is painfull, too. You have to place custom symbol into your drawing and delete it to enable Creo to use custom symbol as bom balloon symbol.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
GrahameWard
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

Ouch! Yeah, that sounds complicated. That might a way to do it if you wanted more info in your balloons than just the number, but luckily our Doc Control is okay with just the item number. David's answer is just the one i wanted. Thanks.

Top Tags