cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

BOM - Member of assembly

VV_10241385
2-Guest

BOM - Member of assembly

Hallo 🙂

Could you tell me, please, how I can get the Member of assembly  to the BOM? Like in the BOM from gpeetersem on the picture.

VV_10241385_0-1657272857332.png

What is the report symbol? Attributes are No Dup/Level and Recursive?

And is it possible to get to the BOM the file path of the part or subassembly?

Thank you in advance

Vaclav

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@VV_10241385 wrote:

Thank you for your help.

But in your example should be this value for CP_P1, CP2, CP3 "PODSESTAVA", not "ASM001", because the level is 3. My idea is to fill it automatically, not to write "ASM001, ....." to the relations :-(.

Do you have another idea, please? Maybe, I explained my query incorrect.

Hi,

requested repeat region functionality is not implemented. You cannot show name of component parent assembly using some "special" parameter.

The only solution is to create member_of_assembly parameter in every model and display it in repeat region using asm.mbr.member_of_assembly parameter. I case that creation of model parameters is not suitable, you can create component parameter named member_of_assembly and display it using asm.mbr.cparam.member_of_assembly parameter.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

maybe you can use this "solution":

MartinHanak_0-1657277828404.png

Martin Hanák

... maybe the original Member of assembly column shows model parameters defined by user in every model.

Martin Hanák

Thank you for your help.

But in your example should be this value for CP_P1, CP2, CP3 "PODSESTAVA", not "ASM001", because the level is 3. My idea is to fill it automatically, not to write "ASM001, ....." to the relations :-(.

@VV_10241385 wrote:

Thank you for your help.

Hi,

requested repeat region functionality is not implemented. You cannot show name of component parent assembly using some "special" parameter.

The only solution is to create member_of_assembly parameter in every model and display it in repeat region using asm.mbr.member_of_assembly parameter. I case that creation of model parameters is not suitable, you can create component parameter named member_of_assembly and display it using asm.mbr.cparam.member_of_assembly parameter.

Martin Hanák

Hallo

Thank you very much. It seems, it is the best solution. And only one more parameter in the assembly ...

Have a nice day

Top Tags