cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

BOM Quantity

ptc-4632698
1-Newbie

BOM Quantity

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with showing a quantity value in a BOM table I created. For some reason I just get a blank column even though I put in the required input (rpt.qty). Any ideas how I can get this corrected?

Many thanks.

Regards,

Rob K

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
11 REPLIES 11

BOM?

Or attach pleace the file!

Hi Valery,

Sorry, I mean 'Bill of Materials'.

Thanks

Rob

Bari
12-Amethyst
(To:ptc-4632698)

You've inputed rpt.qty or &rpt.qty?

Hi Antonio,

I input &rpt.qty. Thanks,

Rob

hi,

Have you got RPT_QTY parameter defined in your repeat region?

Under Table-->Repeat Region-->Relations-->Parameters

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Did you set up a repeat region in the table?

Thanks for the feed back guys. Yes i have entered everything as mentioned above. Thanks.

Rob

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

If you are able to attach the model and drawing, someone may be able to trouble shoot it for you.

Thanks,

Dale

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

I don't know if you were able to resolve this, but look at the threads I had pertaining to regenerating BOM's. Maybe this could solve your issue:

http://communities.ptc.com/message/185814#185814

Thanks,

Dale

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Robert,

We're you able to resolve this issue?

Thanks, Dale

I'm not Robert and stumbled upon this thread just now, but resolution is pretty simple: to show quantities in BOM, apart from using &rpt.qty in cell you need to change Repeat Region attributes from "Duplicates" to "No Duplicates". It is set to "Duplicates" by default and it means that instead of giving quantity of components per row every single component gets it's own row. Setting to "No Duplicates" generates single row for every component, thus adding component quantities in every row.

Top Tags