cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

BOM Table Help - Manual Text Field Column that is prefilled with Dash "-"

Brock
3-Visitor

BOM Table Help - Manual Text Field Column that is prefilled with Dash "-"

I am using Creo Parametric Release 5.0 and Datecode5.0.5.0

Creo Drawing BOM Table Help. I would like to add a Column for "Supplied By" but this column I would like to leave as a manually entered Text field because It will be constantly changing from one project to another and I do not want it related back or driven from the parts and or assembly's parameters. I would like the Column to be prefilled out for all items in the Table with a Dash "-" in the BOM and then I can manually overwrite it as needed based on the project and it would only affect the drawing table for that current drawing.
Or any other option to do this is much appreciated. there will only be a handful of items that will need the column overridden but would like Dashes "-" shown by default So I avoid having to type in every row and prefer not to leave a blank cell.
Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Brock)

After you have the row headers filled out and the row parameters, there will be no parameter in your comment column. Create the repeat region of the whole BOM parameter row, then make the cell in the comment column a Comment cell from the Repeat Region menu.

Not sure if you put a dash '-' in that cell if it will extrapolate when the BOM fills.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

After you have the row headers filled out and the row parameters, there will be no parameter in your comment column. Create the repeat region of the whole BOM parameter row, then make the cell in the comment column a Comment cell from the Repeat Region menu.

Not sure if you put a dash '-' in that cell if it will extrapolate when the BOM fills.

Brock
3-Visitor
(To:BenLoosli)

I just tried this and yes it does make the field to make a comment to be able to manually type however it it does not retain the dash "-" by default and would require to manually put a dash on each line item cell which I was trying to avoid. Do you think its possible to write a relation inside the table that if the cell is blank that it puts a dash? thanks

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

I suppose you could write a relation, but then the column would have to be defined with a parameter and not be a comment cell.

You would need to experiment to see if you can override a single cell of a repeat region with a comment cell to fill in your manual data for those cells that needed it.

Top Tags