cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

BOM Table Question, WF4

JeffHoracek
1-Newbie

BOM Table Question, WF4

All,

We've created a new BOM table which we've rolled out, and I've received some feedback that whenever an item is added to the assembly, the BOM table resorts itself, so what was item #4, may end up now being item #6, what was item #2 is now item #3....

I don't think using the Fix Index option is the only answer, but I very well may be wrong.

Anyone have an idea on what I can change in the table to prevent this or what I missed when the table was originally created. It's no biggie if I need to create the table again.

Appreciate any insights.

Jeff Horacek

Global CAD Administrator/Design Change Coordinator

STERIS Corporation

5900 Heisley Rd.

Mentor, OH 44060

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:JeffHoracek)

Take a look at 'Sort Regions'. You add a sort, then pick a row to sort by. In your case it sounds like you need to sort by item number.

[cid:image001.png@01CFB099.56855FE0] [cid:image002.png@01CFB099.56855FE0] [cid:image003.png@01CFB099.56855FE0]
Top Tags