cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

BOMS / TABLES / REPEAT REGIONS

EL_10324620
3-Visitor

BOMS / TABLES / REPEAT REGIONS

I have a few questions regarding drawings, from parts to assemblies, repeat regions, etc.

First, we have templates for assemblies, and drawings. 

The assembly drawings work well. 

EL_10324620_0-1664391732368.png

The part drawings look like this. 

EL_10324620_1-1664391785288.png

But index, and qty show up blank in the part drawing. 

I would also like to know how to auto-size the width of all tables.

Sorry if this post is in the wrong sub section. 

New here. 

4 REPLIES 4
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:EL_10324620)

Repeat regions only work with respect to assemblies. They will not work at all for part files.

I've never tried to autosize a repeat region. We like ours to be consistently sized (but maybe that is a system limitation, instead of a preference?).

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:StephenW)

@StephenW wrote:

Repeat regions only work with respect to assemblies. They will not work at all for part files.

Actually, repeat regions work fine in part drawings, it's just that the information that can be displayed is entirely different.  I use them all the time to refer to individual model parameters, but they can also be used for family table instances, inseparable assemblies, and I think even multi-body.

This title block from our part-level format has eight separate repeat regions:

TomU_0-1664392923998.png

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:TomU)

@TomU  Thanks for correcting that. I mis-spoke and should have said it differently. You've summed it up well.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:EL_10324620)

The part isn't going to have any idea how many times it's used in an assembly, or even what assembly it's used in, so quantity on the part drawing makes no sense (unless you're actually detailing the part on a separate sheet of the assembly drawing itself, but this is not recommended.)

Index at the part level has the same problem.  A part may have one index number in one assembly but a completely different index number in another assembly.  The index is assembly specific (and even repeat region specific).  There are ways to assign 'find numbers' instead, but I'm guessing that's not what you're trying to do.

Tables can auto-size row height but not column width.  You can turn on text wrapping.

Top Tags