cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Beams

jdoyle
1-Newbie

Beams

I need to know how to put beams into my drawings.  Like, i-beams, angles, tubing, etc. I don't see anywhere that I can do that. Any help?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:jdoyle)

Do you mean as bulk material or ?? Normally I just model in my beams, angles, tubing and such as parts.
I think you may get better responses if you clarify your question or add an image of exactly what you are asking for.

bshepherd
4-Participant
(To:jdoyle)

I do not think Creo has built in standard metal shapes like autocad.  You can add in generic shapes from the sketching palette and dimension them yourself to get the sizes you want.Capture4.JPG

bshepherd
4-Participant
(To:bshepherd)

You could also then create UDF's with all the standard sizes in a table if you will be using them enough.

Top Tags