cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Bend Reliefs and Corner Reliefs in Sheetmetal

luiz.hnm
8-Gravel

Bend Reliefs and Corner Reliefs in Sheetmetal

I have a question about good practices, how to best choose the bend and corner reliefs (oblong, circle, rectangle, etc.)? When is one better than the other? Do you use any type as standard?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:luiz.hnm)

You choose based on your design and what you are after with respect to the finished product. Sometimes you want to weld out the corner for no gaps, Sometimes you want to have a specific shape that matches your design. Sometimes just aesthetics. I've added in "corners" that were welded in then ground flush for a nice fully rounded corner.  Sometimes your manufacturing has a preference if you don't have a design need.

There's options because they all do the job, its more about what works for your specific design criteria.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenW
23-Emerald II

You choose based on your design and what you are after with respect to the finished product. Sometimes you want to weld out the corner for no gaps, Sometimes you want to have a specific shape that matches your design. Sometimes just aesthetics. I've added in "corners" that were welded in then ground flush for a nice fully rounded corner.  Sometimes your manufacturing has a preference if you don't have a design need.

There's options because they all do the job, its more about what works for your specific design criteria.

kdirth
20-Turquoise

Obround is my favorite.  It does a good job of removing sharp points.  But, I will use others based on design requirements.

Your choice of relief and relief size will depend on design intent, manufacturing methods and post processing.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Top Tags