cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Bilateral uneaual profile tolerance representation???

hmr
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Bilateral uneaual profile tolerance representation???

Hi Guys,

Can any body guide me to represent Bilateral uneaual profile tolerance???

Attached is the requirement:) i.e. 3 mm is the total tolerance but I need 1mm outside & 2mm inside, attached is how we have to show but I don't know how to get the same in Pro/E.

Check.png

Cheers,

Hari

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:hmr)

I can get a two point dimension to work like this and I have to break the leaders. If the feature is an arc, you can dimension across the two arcs and use "tangent" tangent" "Parallel" and select a feature parallel to the measurement. The I can either make the dimension basic or overwrite the dimension (@O) with @[1@].

It should be easier, and maybe it is, but that is what I was able to do quickly.

On two arcs, I was also able to use "Concentric" but you have little control over the orientation.

hmr
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Hi Antonius,

Thanks for your suggestion, but I was looking for something inbuilt option in ProE if there is any???

Hari

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

These are valid Variations:

http://dimcax.com/gdt_web/october-05_files/october-05.gif

And by creating a model sketch, you can get this:

Bilateral_unequal_tol_zone.JPG

I don't know of any graphics enhancement in the GTOL module itself. It has to be created one way or another. Personally, I do not like curves in my part or assembly models as it seems to always get in the way in next level assemblies.

I do see the option for a great enhancement opportunity to properly attach the dimension depicted in the Y14.5 example. Sort of a hybrid radius/diameter dimension.

Kevin
10-Marble

On the Symbols tab of the GTOL dialog box check the ASME 14.41 option. I don't recall off hand but you may also need to set it in the drawing.dtl.

Top Tags