cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Bill of Material Blanking

JM_10432119
5-Regular Member

Bill of Material Blanking

I have a 1 line BOM for a part and updating tables command or going from tab to tab blanks all the info out of it. I can re-add the table or right click and look at the properties to remind it they exist. The info shows up on the assembly BOM fine.

Does anyone have any ideas? I may remake the part to get rid of this annoyance. This is the first time I've run into this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JM_10432119
5-Regular Member
(To:JM_10432119)

I made a new sheet with the master rep as the active model and now the repeat region works. 

PS. this was in Creo 2.0

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
StephenW
23-Emerald II

It's an assembly in the drawing, right? And the BOM is a repeat region?

Do you have other models in the drawing that the table is looking at instead of the assembly?

Can you post a screen shot of your table with the switch symbols?

StephenW_0-1682703683952.png

JM_10432119
5-Regular Member
(To:StephenW)

The BOM that's not working is just for the part and pointing at the part. It was a family table instance but I deleted it's row to disassociate it to try and fix this. The part also has alt reps and I tried to make different reps the model for the repeat region to no success. 

JM_10432119_1-1682968986839.png

@JM_10432119 wrote:

The BOM that's not working is just for the part and pointing at the part. It was a family table instance but I deleted it's row to disassociate it to try and fix this. The part also has alt reps and I tried to make different reps the model for the repeat region to no success. 

JM_10432119_1-1682968986839.png

Hi,

I uploaded test data created in Creo 5.0. Everything works well.

Martin Hanák
StephenW
23-Emerald II

Your table is set up for a family table part to drive it. mbr.description is the report parameter to retrieve the description parameter for each instance of a generic. It doesn't work with just a stand alone part.

Hi,

FYI ... table containing repeat region which works in assembly drawing cannot be used in part drawing.

Martin Hanák
JM_10432119
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

Maybe I misunderstand what's meant by repeat region but every other part I've ever worked including about a dozen in this drawing has a part BOM to describe its material and an assembly BOM that both work.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

A repeat region BOM table has 1 line that describes the parameters to be displayed in the table. It is usually used in the context of an assembly where you want to convey the information for all of the components of the assembly.

You can build a single entry table to display material used in your part file, but it would not need to be a repeat region.

I just added our BOM repeat region table to a single part drawing and it did not populate the fields of the table.

JM_10432119
5-Regular Member

I made a new sheet with the master rep as the active model and now the repeat region works. 

PS. this was in Creo 2.0

Top Tags