cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

BoM Ballons for simplified reps

VV_10305718
5-Regular Member

BoM Ballons for simplified reps

Using Creo 8.0.4.0

I have an assembly with 4 simplified representations-each state represent a stage in the assembly process, so the simplified representation begins with few components and the final one has all the parts. I need a BoM table on the drawing sheet, which I made by linking the repeat region to the default rep which lists all the components within, but I am facing issues with BoM balloons. How do I make BoM balloons to appear on the different representational views?

I tried creating multiple tables for each representational view, but then the tables will have reoccurring parts and since the repeat regions are different, I can't find a way to get rid of duplicate parts across different tables.

Alternatively, I tried a different approach where I do not use simplified representations at all but used different layers to hide parts and created 4 combined states with those layers. But on the drawing, I cannot select the combined state along with the default representation.

I have 4 stages of assembly. Parts are added at each stage, final stage has all the parts-need a solution to display all the components on the BoM table and display BoM balloons on each view.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:VV_10305718)

I haven't used it in years but there is another option. Process plan for assemblies.

It allows you to create process steps without affecting the original model(s). 

A quick search I found this document http://www.datajett.com/Cadd/ProE/Tuts/HawkEye/Proprocess.pdf (from 2000)...

StephenW_0-1669733629845.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
kdirth
20-Turquoise

Unfortunately, the BOM table is tied to the representation that it is made from, and balloons cannot be made in views that do not use that representation.

For this situation I blank those parts that I don't want to see.  If your model tree is ordered as assembled, you should be able to shift select parts in the tree to quickly blank the parts you don't want to see in the view.

kdirth_0-1669729629680.png

There is always more to learn in Creo.
StephenW
23-Emerald II

I haven't used it in years but there is another option. Process plan for assemblies.

It allows you to create process steps without affecting the original model(s). 

A quick search I found this document http://www.datajett.com/Cadd/ProE/Tuts/HawkEye/Proprocess.pdf (from 2000)...

StephenW_0-1669733629845.png

VV_10305718
5-Regular Member
(To:StephenW)

This sounds promising. Let me give it a try. But in the meantime, I have used layers: added components into different layers and used them in combined states and used them on the drawings. It seems to be working for my purpose now.

Top Tags