cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

BoM Item numbers

cdown
4-Participant

BoM Item numbers

Is there a way with BoM Tables to change the configuration of the item numbers?

What I am after is the item numbers to go 10, 20, 30, 40 etc instead of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5,

Is this even possible?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Colin,

There is a way, through the use of a relation in the repeat region. We had to implement the same thing to get our BOM tables to match our ERP bills.

First, create a relation in your repeat region: index = rpt_index * 10

Then, in the index column of your repeat region, you set the value of the cell to be &rpt.REL.index

index is the value we used in this case, you could replace it with any other variable name.

in the repeat region cell, the second value (REL) calls the value index from the repeat region relations

The up side to this is that the relation is saved to the table, so if you save the table for later use, it will always come in with the 10,20,30,... numbering. The downside to this is that your BOM balloons still show up as 1,2,3,4,... and you need to reset what the BOM balloon parameter is in the table (select the table, right-click, properties, BOM Balloon tab, set the value to rpt.REL.index) each time.

cdown
4-Participant
(To:lsrutkowski)

Larry,

Great thanks worked well, although when I go to change the BOM Balloon parameter it is greyed out, is there a config setting to enable me to change this?

Colin,

Not as far as I can tell. I have been through my drawing config settings and I cannot find any option there related to BOM balloons that is not set to default. Honestly, I do not know what would prevent you from setting that value.

cdown
4-Participant
(To:lsrutkowski)

Larry,

It was because my table was set to custom balloon. If I import the table first then I can change the box, then I need to select my balloons.

If I do it the other way around the box is greyed out.... Oh don't you just love PTC lol

Top Tags