cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Boundary Chain

dplachinski
6-Contributor

Boundary Chain

Has anyone found a work around to the removal of BOUNDARY CHAIN in Creo?

From WF5 to Creo, Boundary Chain was replaced by partial or full loop.

In WF5 you were able to select a quilt and toggle through the open boundaries (gaps) to select a trajectory for a sweep.

Now, in Creo you must select the EDGES.

I used this functionality to find small gaps in imported models that were restricting the model from becoming solid.

Now in Creo, if I can't find the edges, it is difficult to close them.

Is there an easy way in Creo to find open edges of a quilt?

Thanks.

Ref: C11252875

Ref: CS159738

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

The way I find the open edges of the quilt is with the search tool:

CTRL+F to open the search dialog

Look for: "Edge"

Look by: "Edge"

Attributes = "Type"

Value = "One-Sided"

Hit "Find Now"

This will find every one-sided edge in the model and allow you to highlight them.

Hope this helps.

find.jpg

dplachinski
6-Contributor
(To:rzukowski)

Yes, I have tried that. Actually that is the resolution Tech Support gave me. The find tool may find them but doesn’t zoom in on them or make points on them like the old boundary chain / from-to used to. If the gap is really small, like three surfaces not sewn together exactly, you have to zoom in on the model and pan it across your screen. Thanks for the info. Dan

Top Tags